Total Topics: 50
Most Online Today: 1
Most Online Ever: 26
(January 27, 2016, 10:23:33 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 1100 times)

Mo

Social Media
« on: June 29, 2015, 03:52:07 PM »
Dear Friends

If you are already following us on Facebook and Twitter you may have noticed an increase in activity.  We are connecting with more people and sharing the great events and information happening in Newcastles around the world!  We're also sharing information about projects and initiatives from the Alliance.

Please help us to spread the word about our great alliance and the work we do by following us and/or posting your own twitter address / facebook page details into this thread.   Here is where you can find us:

Twitter       @NCLsoftheworld 
Facebook    https://www.facebook.com/nclsoftheworld
Youtube      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD4ZyEW2sQP43UODBqr23g

You can also use the hashtag #NotW2016 to promote the alliance and the next conference in Ontario.

Each month over the next year we will focus on one Newcastle each month.  Next month (July) will be the turn of Shinshiro, Japan - in honour of their being the first place to host a conference.    Please continue to like, share and retweet our messages!  It really makes a difference!

Best wishes
Mo

Robert

• Administrator
Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 01:52:05 PM »
Until now, I never worked on twitter, hardly ever on facebook, and I seem to have a linkedin profile as well somewhere hanging around. You mean to say that those media actually make sense?

If so, maybe you should make a linkedin group for Newcastles as well )I have no idea how to do that).

Mo

Re: Social Media
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »
Thanks for your reply Robert - Facebook and Twitter are becoming popular to stay in touch in a casual and informal, friendly way!  I also hope that many people will begin to use this forum for the exchange of ideas that may become formal.   

I don't use Linked In personally, but I think Zelie does.  Linked In tends to be for more business-orientated communication so I will suggest it to Zelie as she is more on the business side of NotW than me!

All the best
Mo